Corfu to Venice – Day 17

Today was pretty much a free day to do what you wanted. The only place we had to be was at the bus withg our bags at 6pm. We also had to be checked out of the hotel by 12pm but were free to hang around the hotel until our departure for the port at 6pm.

Having still a bit of a blocked ear and recovering from the previous night I was not about to go swimming again. I did make the most of the good breakfast offered by the hotel. The food at this hotel was probably some of the best we have had on tour. After both Rhian and I were done with breakfast we locked up our bags and checked out of the hotel. We left our bags with the others in the luggage room.

I started to catch up on the last few days of blogs while Rhian walked off down the road with Cathi, Kelvin and Amy. About twenty minutes later I got an SMS they were at a cafe down the road having milkshakes and watching the planes land and take off. I packed up my stuff and wandered down to join them.

The milkshakes were very good. I was not hungry though so I watched the others eat while waiting for the next plane to come in. After everyone was feed we walked down the path to the footpath crossing the inlet. The footpath travelled directly under the flightpath for the runway. The planes passed over top of you with only 100ft or so clearance.

We sat on the wall for an hour or so taking photos of the planes as they came in to land and take off. After this we all walked back to the hotel lay around killing time until we departed. I finished the blogs I had yet to write. Since I like to wake Rhian up all the time during the night (as I woke up constantly because of my man flu) she went to rest to sleep around the pool.

Eventually 6pm came around and everyone piled onto the bus for the short trip to the ferry port. We still had a couple of hours to kill here as the ferry didn’t depart until 8pm. We went for a look around and sat down and had an iced coffee that was the best one to date. The ferry trip was the same as the one that got us to Corfu and we arrived back at Albania aropund 10pm. The ferry to take us back to Italy was late and when it did arrive it took longer than expected to load all the trucks, cars and busses onboard.

I was rooming with the same guys I did on the way over, same with Rhian as well. They did not give each of us a key so we went to reception to get more keys then joined the others at the bar located at the front of the ferry. Unlike the staff on the ferry on the way over the staff on this ship were Greek, The rudest most asshole staff any of us had ever experienced. They were rude., Refused to serve us. Ripped us off. This was even before we had gone to bed.

After a Hot Chocolate Rhian and I went to bed.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.